Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My carbon footprint



I measured my carbon footprint at http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/ and it was 3.15 planets.


My carbon footprint is considerd quite good when compared to the rest of my classmates; most of my classmates scored about 3.5-4.5; and I was less than the average so I believe I did well compared to the rest of the class.


Carbon footprint is the total greenhouse gasses caused by individuals, organizations and products.


We can reduce our carbon footprint in many ways. First is the food we consume; we can arrange to eat in a very moderate and considerable fashion; for example we can eat more vegetables instead of dairy products; that is one way to reduce you’re carbon footprint. Another way to reduce carbon footprint is to use cars which emit lesser gases; that way we can have less car pollution which will reduce our carbon footprint effectively. You can also decrease the carbon footprint by using fewer electronics; there’s no need for extra lighting in most places therefore by removing the useless electricity you can save a huge amount of electricity which will reduce your carbon footprint by a huge amount.


No comments:

Post a Comment